Sunday, November 18, 2012

Do They Care?

I preached my heart out this morning with a burden for our nation,
The crowds left without a burden rather with laughter - great elation,
It feels like I labored and preached your word totally in vain,
The truth seemed hard to swallow - rejected and disdained,
 I stayed at the altar seeking you for nation and community,
I did not feel the kindred spirits from those who wanted immunity,
This great nation so blessed by you is headed for big time trouble,
We have embraced sin - will America perish into a pile of rubble,
Do your people care - does your truth not pierce hearts hardened,
Have they forgotten the plight of those you have not yet pardoned,
Do we care that your judgment of doom is dangerously impending,
Are we concerned that on you this nation is no longer depending,
I feel the weight of your concern a heavy laden burden of sadness,
 A self indulgent nation turned from you engulfed in sinful gladness,
Homosexuality - abortion - idolatry draw away so many people,
From you, from truth, from worship under all the shiny steeples,
Do people care that we have insulted - offended you and your glory,
Like Carthage, Rome, - will the States fall - the same fate of their stories,
I am but one - I keep hoeing this little corner of the field in Paradise,
Wondering if I am making any difference with labors and sacrifice,
It seems few care - hearts are iron hard like the Rock of Gibraltar,
While I lay my tender heart once again an offering on your altar,
I don't know what I am supposed to do - where you have assigned,
To you all my life, world goods - and family I've willingly resigned,
If no one else still cares you see I do with my whole surrendered being,
Please lead this nation to repent and change what you so abhor seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment