Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Voice

Amidst the chaos and confusion of this age I long for the voice,
Not one from celebrities who continually make many a bad choice,
Not the voice from television reminding me of all the doom and gloom,
Not the voice of philosophy or some other sitting in an academic room,
I don't need the voice of some preacher echoing the sentiments of the day,
I am not interested in what the all the best selling authors really have to say,
There is only one voice I crave down in the depths of longing in my soul,
Only one voice can take my brokenness and once again make me whole,
Only one voice can bring me through the crucible of this midnight hour,
Only one voice can offer comfort and refuge like a strong mighty tower,
So I come again broken in shambles - pain all crashing down at your feet,
Seeking to listen for your voice quiet, strong, tender, and ever so sweet,
Please do not delay or cast my longing heart carelessly to the left or right,
Like a shining sunbeam I plead for your piercing through the weeping night,
Open my soul and ears until your voice comes at last crashing on through,
The only voice I need and crave is the one that belongs my Lord to You.
  - ME   11-15-12

No comments:

Post a Comment