Friday, November 30, 2012

Friday Afternoon

It is late Friday afternoon and the boys are just about to get out of school for the weekend. I have been running errands all day long and finally have a few minutes to sit in the office and to reflect. This week has been filled with ministry and much prayer and reflection.

As I sit here this afternoon my thoughts turn to seeking the Lord. There is no greater quest or worthy pursuit. I just long for His voice. It does not matter what He says but only that I meet with Him and hear from Him even on a late Friday afternoon. Most are preparing to go to ball games or making plans for the evening and the weekend. I just want to meet with the Lord and to hear from Him. That takes precedence over everything else in my life.

My day is not complete without hearing from the Lord. I hang on every word that He speaks. The trouble is sometimes I have a hard time discerning what He is trying to say to me. So in moments like this, when I am alone and I can be still before Him, I simply ask the Lord if there is anything He wants to say to me and I sit back to listen. The first place I turn to is His word.

These are the highlight of my days and weekends. Please speak Lord for your servant is listening. Please speak anything you want to speak for my ears are open and I am attentive to the words you speak in this place on a late Friday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment