Friday, January 1, 2016

Wipe The Slate Clean

Lord, at the start of this brand spanking new year,
I ask You for faith that overcomes my foolish fears,
I ask you for another chance - a fresh new clean start,
At knowing, loving and serving You with all my heart,
I thank You in 2016 my slate has been washed clean,
This is another chance to pursue my long lost dreams,
A time when You look on my past mistakes and forgive,
When You redeem my days and my past I finally outlive,
There is abounding potential to be seized and to believe,
There are God ordained dreams that will soon be conceived,
There are fresh outpourings, awakenings - revival movements,
To be experienced in the church making some vast improvements,
Trials will abound as from year to year they always seem to do,
Your strength, peace, and abounding grace will still be in view,
There will be disappointments and sorrows we will have to face,
Even moments when it appears You have vanished without a trace,
You will remain  faithful  and true no matter what comes each day,
I start afresh this new year hanging on each and every word You say.


No comments:

Post a Comment