Monday, January 4, 2016

The Ilusion

They said I could have it all, the American dream come to fruition,
If I worked hard, made the grades and earned a degree after tuition,
Over the years I worked and believed with all my internal aspirations,
I prayed, preached and labored with my brow drenched in perspiration,
The American dream I so long chased proved nothing but an illusion,
A fancy of my imagination planted by Lucifer as a deceptive delusion,
The American dream seemed out of reach and forever looked elusive,
The mental battles were the worst as negative thoughts became abusive,
I found no peace, lived with perpetual frustration and a faith fractured,
The illusive American dream never came no matter what I manufactured,
Then it dawned on me through what can only be described as revelation,
Contentment, joyful fulfillment are  in God taught in scriptural inspiration,
Houses, land, automobiles and the latest fashions can never fully satisfy,
The American dream is an illusion I stand here tonight to joyfully testify,
There is fullness of joy -  pleasures in God's presence now and forevermore,
Satan is a lying destructive raging bull - Jesus my Savior and faithful matador,
I will not fall for Satan's lies - no longer trapped by his destructive deceptions,
For I am redeemed in Christ by a Savior conceived by immaculate concception.


No comments:

Post a Comment