Friday, January 22, 2016

Waiting

Lord, for so long I have been waiting,
The patience needed for this hating,
Wondering when You will breakthrough,
When my impatience and doubts subdued,
Lord for so very long I've been waiting,
My heart and faith often are breaking,
One day has turned into years a many,
The many trials have abounded aplenty,
Lord, You see how long I've been waiting,
In the abundant life not often partaking,
When will You rescue me from my sorrows,
Will it be today, a month or possibly tomorrow,
My prayers left unanswered while waiting,
My cause before You continually debating,
You say Your timing is perfect I believe,
Yet hope deferred makes me feel deceived,
You are sovereign while I keep waiting,
Perfectly in control there is no mistaking,
So I wait, hopeful but so very reluctantly,
Believing You dish out hope abundantly.

Written have laying a prayer matter before the Lord for multiple decades and not seeing the long awaited breakthrough.

No comments:

Post a Comment