Saturday, January 30, 2016

What Is The Signature Of Your Life

What is the signature of your life? When your life ends what will you be remembered for? Love. Passion. Entrepreneurship. Prayer. Teaching. Perseverance. Faith. Or, on the other hand, hypocrisy, cruelty, hatred, addiction, misplaced priorities or relational failures.

I was reading a short biography on the life of John Newton yesterday. He was a former slave trading ship captain but got saved. He also wrote the timeless hymn Amazing Grace that has touched millions. One line grabbed my attention. The signature of Owen's life was love. What a great thing to be remembered for.

I wonder what I will be remembered for? From where I sit I mostly see myself as a failure. I do not know what the signature of my life is. There are many things I want it to be but I am not the one to make that call. I just want my life to stand for something greater than me. I hope your life will stand for something greater than you.

I like what Paul said about his own life in two different passages.

Acts 20:24 (NASB)
24  "But I do not consider my life of any account as dear to myself, so that I may finish my course and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify solemnly of the gospel of the grace of God. 


Philippians 1:21 (NASB)
21  For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. 

I would love the signature of my life, Brenda's life and my boys' lives to be JESUS! He is what really matters.  

No comments:

Post a Comment