Friday, January 22, 2016

Damnation Fire

I'm sitting in my living room with a warm fire blazing in the fireplace. Instead of enjoying the comfort the fire offers my mind is turned to a different direction. I am contemplating the eternal damnation fire of God awaiting those who do not know Christ.

O the fire that awaits the lost. It will never be quenched. It will never lessen in intensity. Each flame fueled by the wrath of God toward those that embrace sin and hug hypocrisy. There are many who walk this road toward destruction. Matthew 7:13-14 (NASB) 
13  "Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.
14  "For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

The word "destruction" means loss, perish, waste, ruined. It does not sound like a luxury vacation. Hell is a place of eternal fire, eternal torment and eternal suffering. Millions are there already crying out in agony for relief if even for the briefest moment. The fire never goes out. The agony never ceases. The heat never quits scorching and yet, unlike the wood in my fireplace, the lost will never be consumed in damnation fire. They will feel the excruciating pain of the flames but never get any relief. NOT EVER. 

Hell is often dismissed by academia. That does not change the reality one single bit. As sure as I sit in this house located in Runaway Bay Hell also exists as a  real physical location. Real people are already there. Some people you and I have known reside in hell. Listen to their sermons of warning to avoid the damnation fire of suffering. 

As I watch the flames dance in the fireplace, my drifts toward the abyss of Hell and the heat generated from that damnation fire. My heart trembles at the thought. Good people are there right now. Good people who were kind, generous, and loving. Wicked people are there that swindled, fornicated, blasphemed, lied and lived pagan lives. Church members are there who had their name on the church roll but there name never was written in the Lamb's Book of Life.  I wonder if every gospel sermon they ever heard rewinds in their minds reminding them of a different outcome if they had trusted Jesus for salvation. 

Daily the damnation fire of Hell is stoked by our Holy God by the addition of other lost souls sentenced to suffer there. I think of many people that have no interest in God nor regard for the preacher's gospel warning. They immerse themselves in the luxury, lust and profligate living of the temporary while ignoring the eternal. 

O sinner, cast yourself wholly on Jesus for salvation and the cleansing of your soul. It is your only hope. I am not talking about merely attending worship services. I am not talking about you trying to clean up your own life. I am exhorting you to repent of your sins, acknowledge your helplessness to rescue yourself and cry out to Jesus for deliverance and salvation. Jesus is the only hope. There is no other way to appease the wrath of God for sin. Romans 5:8-9 (NASB) 
8  But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
9  Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.Praise the Lord through Jesus we are not only forgiven  but also declared righteous in Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:21 (NASB) 
21  He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. 

Simply amazing. I wish I could take every sinner into my heart and show them the freedom in Christ. I wish I could show each lost person the weight lifted from my shoulders when I gave the burden of my sin, failures and flawed character to His massive shoulders. 

Damnation fire never wanes. I trust Jesus to rescue the masses. May the ones we love be spared by the grace of God to avoid damnation fire. 


No comments:

Post a Comment