Sunday, January 17, 2016

Behold The Glory Of The Lord

Exodus 16:6-7 (NASB)
6  So Moses and Aaron said to all the sons of Israel, "At evening you will know that the LORD has brought you out of the land of Egypt;
7  and in the morning you will see the glory of the LORD, for He hears your grumblings against the LORD; and what are we, that you grumble against us?"

What we could all use is seeing the daily work of God in our lives and around our communities. I fear too often we settle for stale region rather than walking in fellowship with God and trusting Him for the miraculous. Even though Israel experienced God working miraculously they still grumbled and doubted.

We do the same. As we go from one test to another and from one trial to the next we also doubt and grumble. We think of turning back from following God.

I, for one, cannot be content to live on yesterday's testimonies. I need God daily. The people I serve have real needs and real issues today. They need God today. So today I pray they would be able to see the glory of the Lord.

The word "see" means to "behold and to gaze." This is not a fly by glance. We need to pause and really take in the activity of God around us. His provision. His moving mountains. His comfort. His deliverance. Behold God and gaze on Him and His infinite power to meet your need.

The word "glory" means "abundance, wealth, splendor, honor." What need do you have today God is not able to meet. Let me be more specific. What financial need do you have today God is not able to meet? If you answered none you would be correct. God in His abundant wealth can meet any need you have. He is able to connect His provision with your need. Let me say that again. HE IS ABLE TO CONNECT HIS PROVISION WITH YOUR NEED. He knows not only your need but He also knows your address.  He can get His provision to you when you need it most. 

You may think that is not possible. You may also think it is not practical. Trusting God for provision is both possible and practical. Don't believe me. Drive to 4128 Evans Gann Rd in Lufkin, TX. There you will find a 4 bedroom house Brenda and I bought on faith when we had nothing. Go to 2112 NW Ave B in Seminole, TX and again you will find a 4 bedroom house there we called our home for two years. God supplied to make that house available for us. Come on out to 521 Runaway Bay Drive and you will see the home I currently live in again as part of God's provision. You will also see a black and green truck in driveway. Ask me to tell you the stories behind those vehicles. Let me take you into my dining room and show you the dining table we prayed for after the movers destroyed our other dining table moving to Seminole. Let me show you the beds given to us for the boys as part of God's provision. Let me tell you the story behind the refrigerator in the garage or the riding lawn mower and trailer. Let me point you to the deep freeze that has often been filled with beef given to us as God's provision. Let me show you three suits hanging in my closet bought for me by other people. Let me show you books in my library given to me as a blessing from God. Let me show you the patio furniture given to us by Faith Community Church as a house warming gift. Again God's provision. Let me show you my bike given to me by a man dying of cancer who knew of my love of cycling. Again God provided. Let me show you Christmas presents bought because God blessed us through other people. Let me show you Taylor's truck paid off because God is a faithful provider. Let me show you by faith Tanner's future truck and Tucker's future car when the time is right. God will come through again as He always does. These are practical and possible things God has done for will do in the future.

Behold the glory of God. He still provides. He still mets needs. Read His word. Psalm 24:1 (NASB) 
1
 The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains, The world, and those who dwell in it.  Psalm 50:10 (NASB)
10  "For every beast of the forest is Mine, The cattle on a thousand hills.  Philippians 4:19 (NASB)
19  And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.  Matthew 6:25-34 (NASB)
25  "For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?
26  "Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?
27  "And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?
28  "And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin,
29  yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these.
30  "But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith!
31  "Do not worry then, saying, 'What will we eat?' or 'What will we drink?' or 'What will we wear for clothing?'
32  "For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
33  "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
34  "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

There it is black in white. God's promises to provide and statement of His abundant wealth. Behold His abundant wealth in providing for your needs. See it. Gaze on it. He will come through for you. He will not let you down. He will not fail you. Watch for what He is about to do next to glorify His name in your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment