Thursday, January 21, 2016

Lord, I Could Cry A River

I sit here in grief my soul quakes and quivers,
I feel as if any moment I could cry a river,
Life so heavy it feels I can hardly breathe,
Wondering when You will bring relief,
There are many tears dammed up inside,
I've tried so bravely to hold at low tide,
It feels I could swim in a pool of tears,
Of heartache built up over many years,
Each tear a little portrait of private pain,
In each burden I've laid before You again,
I feel at any moment the river might flow,
Silently I weep tears nobody sees or knows,
You are my Comforter, Strength, Refuge,
No matter how the trials of this life deluge,
You see and wipe away all my tears of sorrow,
There's always hope for it to get better tomorrow.


Inspired the many suffering people I see and love. I ache for them. Many the Lord bring them comfort and relief in their nights of weeping. Praying the Lord will bring them joy in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment