Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Let No One Look Down On Your Youthfulness

We called it Big Wednesday. We set aside the night for students to lead in their on youth service. They led the games. Four students testified. Two others gave a Bible study. I sat in the back of the room amazed at these young men and women.

One testified about losing his father at a young age. Another testified about being born with a genetic disability. Another testified about surviving a horrific car accident on her way home from practice about a year ago. A fourth testified about getting hurt and God healing him. Powerful testimonies about overcoming adversity.

I sat in the back of the room beaming. I love these young men and women. They were powerfully used of the Lord tonight among their peers.

Two young men tag teamed a Bible study. Again their theme revolved around suffering and overcoming adversity. Both of those young men have had to overcome their fare share of adversity in their young lives.

As I listened to each of those students share I felt humbled. Humbled that God has given me the unique opportunity to love, influence, and invest in these students. What a powerful night. God had enough potential in that room to not only transform Paradise but much further than that.

I listened to high school students speak from the heart, with conviction, and about the word of God. I sit now and wonder what God will use them to do. How will God use their young lives to expand His kingdom. The thought of it excites me. Even in their teens God is using so many of these young men and women in profound ways in their circles of influence.

As an adult I should do more. I should set a better example. I should stand with these students more closely and invest in them more heavily. I thank God the gospel baton is in good hands with these students. Nobody need look down on their youthfulness. God can use even the young.

No comments:

Post a Comment