Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day Twenty-Five "More Lord"

Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think according to the power that works within us.” [Eph. 3:20]

Many years ago I attended a revival where the slogan often repeated was, “More Lord!” This church was not satisfied though they had experienced a genuine revival by all accounts. Those prayerful people kept hungering for more of the Lord and He kept honoring their request with fresh outpourings of His Spirit. I have never seen or experienced anything like it.

Today’s scripture assures us that God is able to do more than we could ask or think. I want Him to do more. More than I can imagine. I want more of Him in my life, in our church, and in our community. I want to see Him do more to clean the church up. I want the Lord to bring more people to repentance and restore them in their walk with Him. I want to see people put away sinful and destructive behaviors that are robbing them of spiritual vitality.

I want to see the hearts of God’s people come alive and be quickened with tenderness toward the things of God. I want to see transformations. I am asking the Lord for more love in the hearts of His people for Him and other people. I also want to see the Lord gloriously save the masses with a salvation that endures.

I want more of the Lord’s power on our worship and my preaching. I want more of the presence of the Lord manifested in our services. I want to see God impact the community through revived believers. I want the glory of the Lord to be promoted by transformed lives. I want to see the morale climate of our community changed. I want to see young men and young women surrendering their lives to full time vocational ministry and missions. I want to see students unashamedly living for Christ in the hallways of their schools and in the locker rooms.

Lord, I want more. Not more for my glory or the fame of my name, but for You alone. More of You and less of me.

Steps to Revival

1. Today there is only one step. Write out your own prayer based on Ephesians 3:20.

No comments:

Post a Comment