Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Gone

His death was way too premature gone forever,
Her death left a vast void to be forgotten never, 
Now only memories linger in pictures sadly behind, 
How I wish I could  go back and make time rewind, 
To cherish a touch, a hug,  a little talk, a gentle kiss, 
There are so many little things you did and said I miss, 
Like sharing a common ordinary home cooked meal, 
Most take for granted thinking not such a  big deal, 
Like sitting in the same room  in silence but together, 
Death cruelly noweparates but in Christ not forever,
The grief is hard - the days seeming unbearable at times,
The days seem darker now where their light used to shine, 
O God of comfort, God of life, healing, and God over death,
Please let me make the most of  life and every single breath, 
You see my broken heart, the sadness, sorrow, You see the pain, 
You see the tears that flow like a river and cheeks tear stained, 
It's hard to go on, to work, to live with such  wounded hearts, 
My heart is shattered into hundreds of  tiny grief filled parts,
I need You Lord, I need Your gracious help to intervene today, 
I need Your healing in my heart, please send it without delay,
When my grief overwhelms and my heart  does not quickly heal, 
When my heart gets so numb I can no longer love, serve or feel, 
You are my only comforter, You alone are my only true hope,
Like today when I 'm losing my grip at the end of my rope, 
They are gone, they shall never return again to hold in this life, 
The pain cuts as deep, so suddenly, as the cut of a butcher knife, 
I still trust You,  my God, though hard I'm still choosing to believe, 
You are my strength and my peace even while I still need to grieve.
Yes, my loved one died, they departed and  now are forever gone,
Still I praise You and love You - You shall  still be my morning song. 

No comments:

Post a Comment