Tuesday, October 21, 2014

All The Kermit Dreams and Scriptures: (Updated More Dreams 11-04-14)

God startled and interrupted my life on September 22, 2014. On that morning after a season of prayer I had a dream. The dream was vivid and proved to be the first of twelve dreams all with a common theme. KERMIT, TX.

I had another one this morning. Again it was very vivid and the message seems very clear.

So I did something today I rarely ever do. I went back through my journal and began reading all the dreams again and reading different scriptures the Lord has used in my life over the past month. It is hard to believe all of what I am about to write here has happened in the span of the last 30 days.

9-22-14 Dream 1

I see an elderly man in a brown hooded cloak sitting in the corner of my dining room. I know he is a prophet though he does not say a word. He gets up and goes to my office while I follow. In my office the prophet motions for me to kneel down. He lays hands on me and it feels like electricity running through my body. The prophet disappears. I get up to sit at my desk and there is a map of the state of Texas. Two towns are highlighted with bolder and larger print than all the other towns. SPRINGTOWN. KERMIT.

This immediately got my attention because a lady named Joan Adams, who lives in Seminole, TX, asked me to join her in praying for Kermit well over a year ago. I did for as season and the burden lifted. I had not thought of Kermit again until that dream. I called Joan and told her about the dream. I posted it on Facebook and my blog. IT BLEW UP with over 500 hits on my blog.

Next, I was contacted by a lady from Kermit. She read the blog, tracked down my phone number, and took the initiative to call me. On the same day a man from Faith Community Church was out walking at the school track in Bridgeport, TX. He ran into another gentleman. The man from our church told this stranger about my dream. Turns out the stranger was born and raised in Kermit. This was not coincidence.

9-24-14 Dream 2

I am preaching using a megaphone. The words become fire out of the end of the megaphone. Dozens of people are at the altar weeping in repentance. Suddenly I see a green city limit sign that reads, "Kermit." Then I hear the words, "Go to Kermit and come to Kermit." 


For a year previous to either of these dreams [Is 6:8] and [Acts 16:9] had come up in my life over and over again. It seemed that God wanted to send me somewhere but I felt I was the man from Macedonia praying God would send the small church I pastor help. After these two initial dreams I began asking if the Lord and something totally different in mind. Maybe I am one people have been praying God would send to help them in some capacity.

9-28-14 Dream 3

I see an old abandoned building on a busy street with plate glass windows and doors. It is dark and musty inside. I see a pillar of fire coming from the ceiling to the floor behind a pulpit. There is a small group of people praying off to the side and they seem unaware I'm even there. I stand behind the pulpit in the midst of the fire. The scene changes. Suddenly there are people at the altar on their faces broken. There are people seated in chairs filling up the building. I step down and begin praying over them. My shirt is soaked with perspiration and I am exhausted. God's fire is spreading among the people. Then I hear this message, "Go to Kermit. Deliver My people from the bondage of religion and tradition. Do not delay." 

After this dream I am reminded of and drawn to two passages of scripture. [Matt 9:36-38] But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered like sheep without a shepherd. Then He said to His disciples, "The harvest is plentiful but the laborers are few. Therefore pray to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His Harvest.

The other passage of scripture is found in [Ex 3:1-14] Several key phrases jumped out in this passage.  " I have surely seen the oppression of My people." "Come now... I will send you." "I will be with you."

Two days later I had my fourth dream related to Kermit.

9-30-14 Dream 4

There is a trail of fire burning down the highway ending in Kermit, TX. I follow and end up at a park sitting at a picnic table praying Suddenly the wind picks up and the tree branches begin to sway and swirl around me. I run for refuge in the building on the busy street with the plate glass windows and the people praying inside I saw in my other dream. 

There is still a pillar of fire up front and I go near it where it is coming down behind a pulpit. I get on my face to pray. The building is empty when I begin praying. When I get back up the building is filled with people seated in chairs. 

After this fourth dream I actually made a trip to Kermit with a friend of mine. I actually saw the picnic table I had seen in my dreams with the trees nearby. We sat down there and prayed about what all of this means. We drove down town and I got out and walked down main street looking at vacant buildings. It was not until we were driving later that I saw a building near a store called Alco. I asked my friend to turn around. We got out and looked inside this vacant retail space with plate glass windows in front and a glass doors. I told my friend that was the building. It was the building I had seen in my dreams. In my dreams there was the addition of a stage up front and a pulpit. I have since learned this building used to be the Bealls department store.

On this trip we met with the first lady who contacted me. Her husband was detained at work and we did not get to meet him. We shared our hearts and I told her at the time my burden seemed more for holding a lengthy revival in town while hers included the start of a new church.

I returned home feeling like I still had more questions than answers. It was at this time I received an email from a different lady in Kermit. She read one of my blogs about Kermit given to her by a friend. She emailed me about the spiritual condition there and asked me to come. We have been in communication since then about what all of this might mean.

10-9-14 Dream 5

I am standing on a large rock preaching. Water starts gushing out of the rock. Wherever the water flows things come to life. The grass turns green and the flowers bloom. Then I hear this message, "Go to Kermit and spread life."

Between dream five and six I read through Isaiah for my devotions. Several scriptures grabbed me. [Is 30:21] [Is 42:6-9] [Is 43:18-19] [Is 45:2] [Is 46:4] [Is 48:6] [Is 62:6-7] Several of the scriptures grab me and the message seems clear that God is up to something new.

10-16-14 Dream 6

I walk out in the garage and see head lights shining on my driveway as someone pulls up. A white van pulls up with the letters on the side, "Kermit Yellow Jackets." Several men and women get out of the van. They come sit at my dining table and say, "Come to Kermit." Several are weeping and their tears splash on my table. 

Next, I see the trail of fire again going down the highway ending at the city of Kermit. Overhead I see clouds brewing only over the building I have seen in my dreams. The rest of the sky is clear. Then I see a message written out saying, "Come to Kermit without delay." 

10-21-14 Dream 7

I'm in a living room teaching a Bible study. The room is dark and I am teaching by candlelight. Out of the Bible beams of light shoot toward the people in attendance. When the beams hit them some begin to weep while others experience unbridled joy. 

The scene changes. I'm outside the building I have seen repeatedly in my dreams. There are chains and locks on the glass doors of the building. Suddenly the chains fall off the doors and I step inside the building. There is a small group of praying. I ask God what they are praying for. The Lord says, "They are praying for you to come. Go to Kermit without delay."

10-22-14 Dream 8

I see myself driving down the road in a four door golden Honda Accord. I end up at a zoo with the word "Kermit" written over the archway. When I go inside I am surprised to discover people locked up in cages in shackles and not animals. Their eyes are sad and they look defeated. 

I reach in my pocket and finger a key, a golden key. I take the key and hurriedly begin opening the cage doors and unshackling the people. I hurry them out of their cages. As I get to the last group a large lion appears and begins chasing us. He paws at us just as we shut and lock the door behind us. 

The whole group of us end up at a gate leading to a large house. When we get inside the house it is completely dark. I open my Bible and suddenly the room is brilliantly illuminated and the countenance of the people changes. The light is coming from the Bible. We are all moved to prayer. Our prayers become like plows turning over the hard dirt. As we pray we also weep and our tears soften the soil."

10-24-14 Dream 9

We are in a hayfield with a lot of people loading square bales on trailers. The skies turn ominously dark with a storm coming. We hurry to load the rest of the hay and head for the barn. We get the hay in the barn as the storm hits. 

A rattle snake comes out between some bales of hay and strikes at me. I have a Bible in my hand that turns into a sword. I use the sword to cut off the head the snake. Even though the storm is raging around us outside we are safe and content in the barn. 

People are sitting all over the barn on bales of hay. I open the Bible to teach the people. Bright light comes out of the pages of the open Bible twirling toward the rafters in a tornado like motion. The light engulfs the whole barn. 

The scene changes. We are in the old Bealls building singing in worship. The people are celebrating God in song. Some sing. Some shout praises. Some raise their hands. Some clap. The people are filled with joy. Then someone walks up on the stage and lays an open Bible on the pulpit.  There is no preacher just the open Bible. 

Instantly the people get quiet. People sit in reverence and silence. Nobody preaches a sermon but God's presence is in the room. God moves and touches the people though no sermon is ever preached.

Dream 10 - 10-29-14

I'm in Kermit teaching a Bible study. The house we have gathered in is packed crowded with people. There is a line outside the house of people wanting to get in but there is no room. 

I lead the people to the Bealls building. The doors are locked with chains. When we get there the chains fall off and we go inside to worship. 

Dream 11 - 10-30-14

There are a small group of people praying inside the Bealls building. The skies are ominous and stormy. A beam of light comes down from Heaven into the building. 

In the skies there are two massive armies lining up facing one another. One is an angelic army. The other is a demonic army. Though they do not fight I get the sense a great battle is about to take place. These two armies are about to go to war.

Dream 12 - 11-04-14

There are a group of people praying in a home. They weep as they pray. It is pitch dark outside the home. Their tears turn into a flood going out the door and sweeping through the streets like a tsunami. The flood sweeps everyone and everything to the Bealls building. It is pitch dark all over town except inside that building where light shines brightly. As people go inside they are engulfed in the glory of God. Their dirty, torn, and tattered clothes are exchanged for robes of righteousness. All these people worship with unbridled joy. 

Then I see a message that reads, "Kermit Revival." 

When I have told some people about these dreams they tell me they are demonic. Everything I have dreamed and what I have been reading in scripture seem to all line up like pieces to a puzzle. I do not know what it all means. I know God has Kermit on His heart and has chosen to put that on my heart as well. I know I am supposed to go to Kermit at some point to do something. It seems like teaching in a home is the initial ministry avenue.

If you happen to read this and live in Kermit I long to hear from  you. Are you part of a group praying for God to send help? Could it be that God has seen your sorrow and heard your prayers and somehow connected me six hours away? I do not know one person in Kermit. I have met one person. I talked to a pastor there on the phone about the possibility of a revival in the future and received an email from another pastor there. I have been in regular communication with a fourth lady through email for the past month. If you live in Kermit and have another piece of this puzzle you can contact me at the email address at the end of this blog. I cannot wait to see how God puts the whole puzzle together.

2 comments:

  1. This is very exciting, Matt! Before Seminole, we lived in Kermit. If you are not already communicating with Lana Williams, you should contact her... I'm also thinking the man in Bridgeport might be Mike King. He lived across the street from us in Seminole. Kermit was an amazing place for us spiritually. God showed Himself in the most amazing ways. I pray that your purpose will be fulfilled, and that the people of Kermit will enjoy a new relationship with God!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristi, that is great. I do believe the guy from our church mentioned Mr. King as the man he met at the track. It is truly a small world. I have not had any contact from Lana Williams. We are praying for God to draw men to make contact and to show us how to go forward. Thanks for the encouragement and prayers.

      Delete