Thursday, October 9, 2014

A Prayer For Kermit

Father,

I thank you today for your concern for Kermit. You love the people there. You died to save them and set them free. I pray that love will be bodily proclaimed in a way people will hear both inside and outside the local churches there.

I thank you for those faithful watchmen and watch women who have stood on the walls of Kermit for years in prayer. Thank you for giving them the strength and faith not to lose heart. Thank  you for their perseverance in prayer through both good times and in the lean times. Thank you for the men who have faithfully stood in the pulpit over the years proclaiming your truth. Thank you for those men who have soaked the carpet with their tears and fervent intercessions.

I plead with you to  not let your remnant lose heart in well doing but let them believe they will reap a harvest in due season if they do not give up. I ask you to empower your people to boldly proclaim the name of Jesus. I ask you to for a mighty shaking of the city in revival. I ask you to bring your church into holiness once again and renew their zeal for you. I ask you to once again blow across that west Texas town with fresh wind and fresh fire.

I ask you to stir the flames of revival in that town once again. I ask you to do a new work all over the town. You are the source of life. Eternal life and abundant life. I ask you to bring life into the hearts of believers, in your churches, and new life to those who do not know you as Savior.

I ask you to reveal what you are up to for those who are seeking. I ask you to open blind eyes and show what you are doing. I ask you to give the people of Kermit a desire to follow you and not dead and empty religion. I ask you to give your people a desire to pray and your desire for a great move in the town.

I lift up children growing up in spiritual darkness. Some abused and others neglected. Some are deceived not believing you are there or even care. I ask you to show your compassion to the children. I ask you to send out messengers to the children to love them to Jesus and point the way to Jesus. I ask you to give your heart for children to each of the churches.

I know teenagers are bound up in sin. I ask you send out your messengers to show teens the way of deliverance. I ask you to send a spiritual awakening to students in Kermit.  I believe there are some students who stand for you amidst the spiritual darkness. I ask you to strengthen them to stand firm for you. I ask you to send them encouragement and words of nourishment for their souls. I ask you to do a great work among students.

I ask you to come against the wickedness of alcohol in that town and the destruction it causes in families. I ask you to set men and women addicted to alcohol free in the name of Jesus. I ask you to give them something better than drink as they come in contact with you. I ask you to work powerfully among families.

I lift up men who go to church. I pray you would raise them to become mighty warriors for you. I ask you to fill them with your spirit. I ask you give them a hatred for going through the motions of dead religion but you would revive their hearts to seek you, walk with you, and lead their families. I ask you to not let women become distracted by the vanity of outward beauty but they would be drawn to the inward beauty of knowing and serving you.

Lord, I do not know why you have placed Kermit on my heart. I do not know what I am to do nor do I understand the burden. I do not understand why you sent the dreams. I do not understand what any of this means. I only know you have brought Kermit to the forefront of my heart and mind and I will pray fervently. I will trust you to work mightily in that town.

If there is something I am supposed to do I trust you to reveal it. I do not want to get ahead of you. I do not want to lag behind you. I want to remain in step with you. I ask you to send your help to Kermit. Whatever that means. I trust you to work and to send help.

I trust you have a great plan for Kermit. I trust you  love and have compassion for Kermit because you see those distressed and weary people. You see those who have already given up or about to. I ask you to renew hope. YOU ALONE ARE THE HOPE FOR KERMIT. JESUS I ASK YOU TO PROCLAIM LIFE AND DAYS OF REFRESHING FOR THAT TOWN. I ask you for all of this in Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment