Friday, August 25, 2017

In The Stillness You Are Here

In the stillness of the morning You are here,
Though trials surround I have nothing to fear,
In You I find all my thirsty soul will ever need,
In You my hungry heart is fueled to succeed,
The tempest rages near the eye of the hurricane,
Your mysterious ways very often hard to explain,
Deep in the recesses of my mind questions linger,
Yet I am held in Your tender sovereign fingers,
In this stillness I find solace and blessed refuge,
From the raging storms of life with their deluge,
In the stillness You are here removing all dismay,
With grace sufficient for the hour on full display,
In You I find peace, hope, and true contentment,
Pouring out the bitterest cup of deep resentment,
You are trustworthy, faithful, always dependable,
Though my small faith is not always commendable,
In these hushed reverent still hours we meet alone,
In the stillness with You where I most feel at home,
I would not trade these precious private devotions,
Where I pour out my heart and deepest emotions,
In the stillness with You I crave to settle and dwell,
Together with You I say with my soul it is still well.

No comments:

Post a Comment