Wednesday, August 2, 2017

I Wanna Give My All

I love music. To be more specific I love all kinds of music. Especially all kinds of Christian music. I love Southern Gospel. I love Black Gospel. I love hymns. I love old worship songs as well as some of the newer ones.

I cut my teeth as a new believer on Steve Camp. I loved his hard hitting words. I loved the conviction I felt when hearing his music and the passion it welled up inside of me. I discovered Keith Green right after college. He had already been dead for several years at that time. I bought one of his albums, or actually a cassette. I listened to him. Like Steve Camp, Keith Green's music had a prophetic edge to it. It stirred me. The words to many of those songs cut like a knife and I loved it.

He has been my go to music for the past couple of months. I hardly listen to anything else. At a youth camp this summer someone asked me what my favorite Keith Green song might be. I thought but could not settle on just one. That is until subsequent weeks since that camp. I finally settled on the one song I would call my favorite. I find myself singing this song in my head all the time. Here it is.

Oh Lord, there's just so much to be done.
Oh Lord, so many souls to be won,
Oh Lord, this world is falling apart,
Dying for love from a broken heart.

Here am I, send me, though there's really not that much I can do.
What I have seems so small, but I want to give it all to you.

Oh Lord, you said the harvest was great,
But Lord, looks like the workers are late.
It's getting hard to understand,
How they ignore your great command.


Here am I, send me, though you said the ones who labor are few,
Still my heart hears the call, and I wanna give it all to you.
Oh, to reach the ones nobody does,
Give up my pride and even work in the mud,
I wanna be like those who spilled their blood,
And gave it like water to you.

Oh Lord, there's just so much to be done.
Oh Lord, so many souls to be won,
It seem this world is falling apart,
Lord won't you send me?

Oh Lord, there's just so much to be done.
Oh Lord, so many souls to be won,
Oh Lord, this world is falling apart,
Crying for love from a broken heart.

Here am I, send me, though there's really not that much I can do.
What I have seems so small, but I want to give it all to you.
Here am I, send me,
Though you said the ones you've chosen are few,
Still my heart hears you call,
And I wanna give it all to you.

That is the essence of my life, mission, and message. This is a song I want played at my funeral. I want Phil 1:21 preached at my funeral. I wanna give my all to Jesus. Easy to pray. Easy to write. Much harder to live out daily. That is still my desire. 
May it ever be so Lord Jesus, Here am I send me. I have so little to give but I want to give it all to You. There is so much work to be done and so many souls still need to be won. I cannot give into fatigue, depression, self pity, comfort, security, all the while, ignoring the great harvest fields before me around this land. Send me to one on one conversations. Send me to places others may not want to go. Send  me to afflict the comfortable and to comfort the afflicted. Send me to wake up a sleeping apathetic church. Send me to champion the forgotten. Send me to love the unlovable and undesirable. Please give me your heart for people and then send me. I want to give my all to You Jesus. It is the least I can do. I ask it in Your name, amen. 

Romans 12:1 (ESV)
1  I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.

Isaiah 6:8 (ESV)
8  And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment