Friday, August 25, 2017

At Bethel

I came to Bethel to wrestle with You in fervent prayer,
I pressed past all the distractions layer on top of layer,
It is just You and me in this sacred spot we've met before,
Where I encountered You here in this place I ardently adore,
You opened my eyes to see things beyond the natural
Revealing Your heart and mind seeing the supernatural,
Here in Bethel my heart and mind are flooded with peace,
Because in here I am still and all my strivings have ceased,
In Bethel I content myself to sit in Your company of One,
Preferring time alone with You Jesus Christ God's Son,
Here in Bethel it seems as if time stands perfectly still,
All that matters is You revealing -me discerning Your will,
I diligently keep watch on this sacred and most holy ground,
Where You deeply desire to be sought in prayer and found,
I do not take Bethel, this blessed house of God for granted,
Time alone with you in Bethel is for what my soul has panted.

No comments:

Post a Comment