Friday, September 16, 2016

Headed Home

After a wonderful week of services wth the FBC Hammond it is time to go back home. The Hammond FBC people were gracious, hungry for God to move, hospitable, and fascinating. As much as I enjoyed them, I am not home. My family is back in Texas. My bed is back in Texas. My clothes and books are back in Texas. So I am heading home.

I ate wonderful food and tried a few new things I had not tried before. Grits. Crabmeat Cheesy Casserole. Shrimp Remoulade salad. And I had an old favorite I had many years ago in a Shrimp Poboy sandwich.  Wonderful, spicy, and exotic foods. Yet it was not the home cooking I am used to.

While I met many people, shook many hands, even hugged a few necks,  I did not kiss anyone. I will kiss Brenda and the boys when I get back home.

I will board American Airlines flight 2302 from New Orleans to Dallas and take seat 28D on the aisle near the back of the plane. I will catnap on the way back. It will take about an hour and a half  to drive from the airport to get back home. I look forward to the reunion.

One day I will head to an eternal home. One day my labors on earth will be done. One day I will be called to the presence of Jesus. One day I will leave life on planet earth. One day I will be in the presence of Jesus, perfect holiness, love, joy, and eternal bliss. I might head home through the door or death or I might be raptured and like the old song says, "I'll Fly Away."

One day I'll head to my final destination. One day I can put all the burdens, trials, and sorrows behind me. On that day I will finally be home. I can only imagine what is in store on that day. To put sight to the Jesus I have imagined all these years will be worth decades of waiting. The Jesus who has guided me and spoken to me will not be separated by time or space. When that happens I will finally be home. I was not created for this world. I am just passing through. My home  in heaven will be an everlasting one. One day I finally be headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment