Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Groping In The Dark

Sometimes I get up in the middle of the night and grope through the house in the dark. I have done this enough that I have memorized land marks in the form of a wall or a piece of furniture. I walk unsure with each sep until I get to one of those landmarks. Each step is uncertain. Shaky. I walk slowly not wanting to trip and fall. A few weeks ago I was so tired when I awoke to use the restroom I got disoriented and could not find my way. Eventually I walked straight into a wall not realizing where I was walking.

It appears to me we are a nation groping in the dark. I cannot believe what I am seeing and hearing. In recent days I have heard reports about respected political leaders engaged in heinous sex acts, Satanic rituals,  and witchcraft attending WIKA ceremonies. These are household names. These are our leaders. The one we have entrusted our votes and the leadership of our nation. Engaged in occult dark practices. I read reports about corruption in our society the likes of which I would not have believed if my own research did not corroborate the facts. Corruption in corporations, politics, and the media.

We are a nation adrift spiritually, morally, and in ideology. The elitist have led astray from our Biblical moorings. As a result look at what is happening. Race riots are escalating. Terrorsism increases world wide and here at home. I think most people sit back wondering when the next "big one" will occur. There are repeated reports that a major economic crisis will soon hit our nation as we enjoy this false economic bubble. Our nation gropes further and further from the truth and light.

How many millions grope through life in spiritual darkness. They do not know Jesus as their Savior. They are unfamiliar with the foundations of Biblical morality. They are unaware of the many deceptions propagated by the popular and the powerful. Truly does Satan disguise himself as an angel of light. Such misguided people are ignorant of the eternal consequences of a life apart from salvation by faith, through faith found in Jesus.

So our nations gropes further in the dark and away from the light. Christians are supposed to be the light of the world and to let our light shine before men so they glorify our Father who is heaven.Matthew 5:14-16 (NASB) 
14  "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden;
15  nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house.
16  "Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

We are the light of the world because Jesus, the true Light, resides in His followers. We may not always let that light shine to a world groping in darkness. Our light shines when we love the unlovable. serve without wanting to be recognized or noticed, and open our mouth in a gospel witness. We can let our light shine in many ways but sadly many in the church hide the light while the world continues to grope in darkness. Jesus is a lighthouse of warning to a world headed for dangerous rocks that will shipwreck their souls to damnation. Jesus is the only hope for this disoriented, unstable, and blinded age. May His light shine brighter than ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment