Wednesday, August 24, 2016

What's On Your Mind

What is on your mind right now? What is passing through your thoughts? Are you thinking about someone you care about and have a deep burden for? Are you longing after a child or children gone off to college or career? Is your mind fixated on troubles overwhelming you? We are all thinking about something.

Now the question is are you worried, anxious, restless, fearful, or abiding in peace.
Isaiah 26:3 (NASB)
3  "The steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect peace, Because he trusts in You. 


The word steadfast in this verse mens to be upheld, supported, leaning. Who is upholding your mind and thoughts. If you are doing it on your own you are probably failing. If you depend on others to uphold your thoughts you will find sooner or later they can let you down. If you are leaning on the media to keep you informed you will quickly get disillusioned by their lies and false propaganda.

To cope with the issues of daily living and live in peace only God can uphold our minds. He does a wonderful job as evidenced by [Phil 4:6-7] He does not  do this just every once in awhile. God keeps your mind in perfect peace. The word keep means to watch, guard, to preserve. Face it. We have multiple reasons not to live in peace.

Our world is spinning out of control. Corruption, racial division, dishonest governments, threats of war, financial struggles, health concerns, and the steady march toward end times prophesies fulfilled. There is plenty to make us afraid and stressed. Yet God guards our minds and preserves them when we determine to trust in Him. Night and day. Day in and day out. Week after week. Month after month. Year after year. Until our demise.

If we truly trust God we will carefree. Oh, we will have burdens and trials. We will heartaches and sorrows. But, if we truly trust Him we will cast those cares on Him. We will not carry those burdens. Our Father will be our confidence. No matter what crisis we face. He will be our confidence and security as we rely on Him.

I just got off the phone with some medical personnel. We discussed a knee brace for Tucker after he underwent a second knee operation. The purpose of the call was to discuss financial terms. Between Tucker's knee, my diabetes and eye issues, and Brenda's arthritis we have had no shortage of medical expenses.

I purposed to trust God. I breathed a prayer laying our need before my God. I choose to leave it there. I will not carry this care with me. I will trust Him and also trust He will keep my mind in perfect peace. So if you ask me in this moment what is on my mind I can tell you it is Isaiah 26:3. I am going to commit that verse to memory. I will pull it out repeatedly as a reminder. I trust Him to uphold and support my thoughts.  In return I will abide in perfect peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment