Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Lord, Are You Still There

Lord, as I come before You to pray, are You still there,
At times You are silent and it doesn't seem like You care,
I know that is a lie - a very old trick of the evil enemy,
Who wants to steal, kill, and destroy - no friend to me,
You are compassionate, kind, love overflows Your banks,
Grace spills Your cup ad in response I offer my thanks,
When You are silent - Your way muddled and unsure,
When the road is difficult and the path becomes obscure,
When everything in me panics and it is easier to doubt,
When like an immature child and I get mad and pout,
Yet You are there in the vast silence of my mind and soul,
You still reign sovereign and supreme firmly in control,
You are still there, listening and working Your perfect will,
On this morning Lord, I comfort myself - You are there still.

No comments:

Post a Comment