Thursday, June 2, 2016

Another Goal Reached

I am a goal oriented person. I have set goals my whole life. Many I have reached. Some I did not.

One of the goals I set back in 1998, when I started No Compromise Ministries and really began to write ,was to write regularly so people could read those writings and receive ministry for free on the internet. Way back then I set a goal that one day I might get thousands of views to that site. The original NO COMPROMISE website no longer exists.

That site gave way to a blog I started writing back in 2008. For eight years I have written about all types of subjects. I've written about life from my point of view as a pastor and prophet. I have written about scriptures God has used to speak to me. I have sought to encourage and rebuke people over those eight years.I wrote about the 23 day revival we enjoy din Seminole the summer of 2010.

I went through one lengthy bout with writer's block. During that season I had nothing to say. I felt no inspiration. God appeared silent for months on end. One day the season ended and the inspiration returned. I've been writing and posting since then.

I used to post these blogs on Facebook. Eventually I got tired of the whole social media scene and deleted my account. That certainly cut down on the number of readers but I believe if God uses any of this word of mouth can still draw people to these readings.

Most of the readings are devotional in nature. From time to time I feel inspired to include poetry. I write the things God puts on my heart to say. I do not write daily but most of the time it is at least weekly. Sometimes the writings come in stretches with many posts in short periods of time. At other times they come slower.

All along the way I had a goal in mind. Today marks a major milestone in my life. Today after 18 years of writing in general, eight years of writing this blog, 1,361 posts written we finally reached the 100,000 views mark. With great elation I celebrated 10,000 views, 50,000 views and 75,000 and the day I wrote my 1,000th post.  After leaving Facebook the views slowed. Sometimes less than a dozen a day. Yet through perseverance we have hit a major milestone.

In that time we had people view this site from all the world, Ukraine, Russia, China, Brazil, Canada, Germany and others. The majority of the readers have been from right here in the good old United States.

Where do we go from here? Only God knows. By His strength and inspiration I plan to keep writing. By His guidance I trust He will keep sending readers to this site. By His anointing I trust He will minister to people all over the world. I can dream of a day when hundreds of people will come to this site to receive spiritual nourishment everyday. I can even see a day when God will direct thousands of people to this site every day to be spiritually fed.

What blesses me is that all of this content is available for free. I never set out to write to get rich. I only set out to write to fulfill the call of God on my life and to help people. I hope and pray I have succeeded and will succeed in the future.

I give all glory to God for this goal reached. Now it is time to set a new goal. A lofty goal. A far out there goal. Maybe the next goal is to have written 5,000 posts and to see 500,000 and up to 1,000,000  visits to this site. Nothing is impossible with God. If God uses this in your life please pass it on to others where they can find this material.

To those of you who have been loyal readers from the beginning let me say thank you. To those men who helped create this site and maintain it over the years I say thank you to Darrel Fishbeck and Tim Shirley. May the Lord continue to use these writings for His purpose and glory.

At times these writings offer comfort to the afflicted ad at other times they afflict the comfortable. May we press on to the next 100,000 and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment