Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Remind Me

O Lord, You are seated securely on the throne,
All the earth and the contents Yours to own,
Remind me that You remain firmly in control,
When the seas of life tun tempestuous and roll,
Remind me how You never weary or slumber,
How You hung the stars in place without number,
How You hear when Your little children cry out,
Some in tearful whispers -  others with enraged shouts,
Show me the truth of how You are now working,
When all I can see is pain in the shadows lurking,
Show me again how Your purposes are coming true,
When it appears they get more distant from my view,
Remind me again how You rule over Your creation,
With an iron fist over every tongue, tribe, kindred, nation,
You, O Lord, are still in charge and as strong as ever,
And You have pledged to forsake Your people never.

No comments:

Post a Comment