Friday, September 26, 2014

God Shows Up

We pray. We read scripture. We listen for God's voice. We watch what God is doing in our surrounding circumstances. We seek His will. Days, weeks, months, and at times years can pass without much of a breakthrough. Then suddenly God shows up. God may show up when we are close to losing heart and hope. He still shows up.
He clears away the fog. He opens spiritually blinded eyes He peels back the curtain on His will and His purposes. He shows up in ways we could never fathom. I am drawn to [Eph 3:20]. "Now to Him who by the power that is working within us is able to do far beyond all that we ask or think. To Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever amen."
He shows up in miraculous fashion. He shows up in the hospital room for the sick patient and the caretaker. He shows up at the side of the casket for the grieving. He shows up for the heavy laden giving them rest. He shows up for the desperate person who prays and prays looking for answers. He shows up for the person living in a spiritual desert offering an oasis of His love and presence.
Today, God showed up in my life in a dramatic way. I recently posted about some dreams I had concerning Kermit, TX. Yesterday, I prayed for God to confirm His leadership in this area. He showed up and did so in an undeniable way. I had a missed call from someone in West Texas this morning after a meeting. The person left a message.
When I listened to the message in the parking lot of McDonalds I sat dumbfounded. Stunned. Bewildered. A lady from Kermit, TX read my blog. Somebody saw it and shared it with her. She diid more than read it. She took the next step to make contact with me not knowing she was an answer to my prayer. She contacted FBC Seminole to track down my number and stepped out in faith to call me.
I returned her call and learned she has been praying for three years. She was born and raised in Kermit. She moved away for awhile and then moved back. She also had a dream about some ministry God put in her heart. I asked her a question that has been foremost on my mind. I asked if she was like the person in Acts 16:9 Paul saw in the vision asking for help. She said, "Yes." God showed up for her and God showed up for me.
I am comforted knowing I did not make these dreams up and God is definitely up to something. He is showing up for all of us. Beyond what I could have thought or dreamed God confirmed He is at work. We will continue to trust Him to show up each step.

No comments:

Post a Comment