Tuesday, September 9, 2014

God Is With Us In Days Adversity

The adversities in life come to all. They come to the Muslim as well as the Christian. They come to the poor as well as the rich. They come to the educated as well as the uneducated. Adversities in life are no respecter of persons.
They are to be expected. They are to be anticipated. This truth burns in my soul today. God is with us. That truth might not sound exciting or draw a huge following but it is a truth we need reminding in our hearts and minds. We especially need to be reminded of this when the adversity comes and does not go away.
You have your battles. Addiction to sin. Drought. Cancer. Divorce. Poverty. Depression. Death. Adversities and setbacks that can stagger us like a blind side hit from a linebacker we never saw coming. These adversities can take the wind out of our sails if we forget God is with us.
Far too often we fall for the lie of the enemy that in the tough times God has abandoned us. Here is a truth many do not want to here. God often uses adversities to advance His cause and bring greater glory to His name. See Exodus 14 and the miracle of the Red Sea. See John 11 and the miracle of Lazarus. Look also at Acts 16 with the arrest of Paul and Silas and their deliverance. God did not forsake Moses and Israel. Nor did He forsake Mary, Martha or Lazarus. He did not forsake Paul and Silas either.
Behind those dark ominous clouds of confusion and adversity sits a infinitely wise and omnipotent God still in control and still with us. He listens. He comforts. He gives courage. He strengthens to fight on. He lifts burdens. He offers counsel. He nourishes and sustains our souls with His word. He mends broken hearts. He helps rebuild shattered faith. He gives peace and takes away anxiety. He moves mountains. He forgives sin. He delivers from bondage. In these and countless other ways God demonstrates He is always with us.
I sit writing this at my dining table. As I look out my window into the world of my adversity the temptation to fear is arises. I choose faith. God knows my troubles. He knows my pain. He knows my needs. He has not left me alone nor you. He is with us. He is setting the state in my life for Him to work in such marvelous fashion He will once again get to show His greatness and I will behold His faithfulness.
Today I choose to turn my focus onto watching and seeing the ways God shows He is with me. I hope you will do the same. I also take comfort that, while God is with me here, He is also with Brenda at work, Taylor at Howard Payne University, Tanner and Tucker at Paradise High School, and Turner at Paradise Middle School. God is with our extended family in North Richland Hills, Hurst, Lewisville and Flowermound. God is also with my friends in Seminole, Lufkin, Tyler, and Weatherford, Arlington, and beyond.
Therefore, I will not be afraid. [II Tim 1:7] No matter what adversity I face today or tomorrow. No matter what trouble lies ahead for this nation I will not fear. No matter how dark things get I will tenaciously cling to this truth. God is with me and those I love. Be encouraged in your day of adversity.

No comments:

Post a Comment