Thursday, September 25, 2014

Go and Come to Kermit



For well over a year I have been having a series of dreams that all seem somewhat related. They have to do with prayer, fresh anointing from God for me to preach and revival.
Well over a year ago a precious saint from Seminole asked me to join her in praying for the town of Kermit, TX. She said the town needed a fresh touch from God. I prayed with her for some time but eventually the burden lifted and Kermit, TX never crossed my mind again until this week.
i had the first of two dreams that drew my attention back to Kermit, TX. I do not know one person in Kermit. I have been there to watch one of my sons play football and I drove through there on my way to another town once.
In the first dream I see an older man sitting in my dinng room dressed in a brown hooded cloak. Somehow I know this man is a prophet. He never says a word but walks to my home office. I follow. In my office he motions for me to kneel down and when I do he lays hands on me. I am consumed with fresh fire from God. When I look up the prophet is gone. I get up to sit at my desk and notice a map laid out. Two towns stand out in bold print and larger print than every other town. The first town is Springtown. The second town is Kermit.
I thought that to be a strange dream. I called my sister who had first asked me to pray for Kermit. Her burden for that town remains. She seemed excited that something had been awakened in my heart concerning Kermit, TX.
Yesterday, I had another dream. All of my dreams come after seasons of prayer. In this dream I saw myself preaching through a megaphone. Before me were dozens of people on their faces in tears and repentance at the altar. Then I see a green city limit sign that reads, "Kermit." Next, two short messages come to me. "Go to Kermit." "Come to Kermit." The dream ends there.
For about a year two different verses have surfaced repeatedly. Isaiah 6:8, "Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 'Who can I send and who will go for Me?' Then I said, 'Here am I. Send me.'" The second verse is Acts 16:9. "And a vision appeared to Paul in the night; a certain man of Macedonia, was standing and appealing to him, and saying, 'Come over to Macedonia and help us.'"
For a year I have been asking God where He wanted to send me. For a year I have been asking God to send us help at Faith Community Church. In the two phrases in my dream things seemed to make sense. "Go to Kermit." "Come to Kermit." It would seem that God is calling me to go to Kermit for a Shake The City Revival. I do not feel called to pastor a church there or to relocate my family there. I believe somebody in Kermit, TX has been praying for God to send help. For some strange reason I believe I am the answer to that prayer.
The burden on my heart for revival intensifies. I seldom sleep through the night awaking to seek God. All through the day my heart cries out for God to revive this nation.
God birthed Shake the City Revivals in me many years ago when I worked as a full time evangelist. We held two of them in East Texas. One we held in the Hudson community under a tent until we were rained out. The second we held on the campus of Angelina College in the Baptist Student Ministry building.
While in Seminole we held another Shake the City Revival at FBC. We prayed. We fasted. We prepared our hearts for a fresh visitation from God. We scheduled the meetings to last for ten days. God had other things in mind. The meetings lasted 23 straight days. They were glorious meetings with God's visitation among us. Like the song we sing, "Heaven came down and glory filled my soul." Three dozen people were saved and followed in baptism. People repented of sin and were cleansed. Worship in song filled our souls with the glory of Heaven. The anthem of that revival was a little song called, "I WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN." If you are interested in reading more about that revival I blogged about each of those 23 days while they were happening. Go to July of 2010 and you should find them atwww.nocompromisefbc.blogspot.com.
Now it appears God is calling me on that sacred revival assignment again. I do not have a time or any logistics. I only have what I believe is an invitation from God and He has my "yes." [Matt 16:24] Please pray with me for the Lord to clearly show us what He is up to. I also ask for HIs favor as I begin to make contact with some of the spiritual leaders in Kermit. If this is where God is at work I am willing to join Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment