Monday, September 29, 2014

God Are You Really Sending Me To Kermit?

"What are you dong Lord?" is a prayer I am offering constantly these days. The dreams related to Kermit, TX have not stopped. In fact, I've had two more in the past few days. Here they are.
In the first dream I walk into an old room (it feels like a store front) located in the downtown area of Kermit. There are people off to the side praying and they are unaware that I am there. In the back of the room I see a small stage with a pulpit. There is a pillar of fire coming down from the ceiling behind the pulpit. I walk up to stand in the pillar of fire and instantly the scene changes. Where as before the place was dark and empty suddenly it changes to a room brilliantly lit up filled with people. There are people packed in the room seated in chairs and many are at the front near the stage on their faces. I come down off the stage and start praying for people. My shirt gets soaked with perspiration from praying with all the people. I look up to see the fire of God spreading through all the people and out the back door. Next, I hear a clear message. Go to Kermit. Deliver my people from bondage."
I was reminded of Matt 9:36-38 "But when He saw the multitudes,He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered like sheep with no shepherd. Then He said to His disciples, 'The harvest is plentiful but the laborers are few. Therefore pray to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.'"
I was also reminded of Ex 3:1-12, especially verses 7-12. Out of that reading I am even more convinced that God has something for me to do in Kermit though I do not know one soul in that town.
I had another dream today. In this dream I see a trail of fire going down the highway all the way to Kermit. I follow it there. Once in Kermit I go to a park and sit at a picnic table and begin to pray. Suddenly the wind picks up and the tree branches begin swirling. I find refuge in the old building on Main Street I saw in my first dream. The building is empty. The pillar of fire is still falling from the ceiling. I go to the front of the church and get on my face to pray. When I get up the church is filled with people seated in chairs. I receive a message, "Go to Kermit. I am sending you."
God is not the author of confusion. He is a God of order. For those on the conservative side it is easy to dismiss all of this as foolish deception. I would reply I understand. I also understand when God is moving in me and He is certainly doing that. He has my attention. I am continually in prayer and reading scripture seeking Him.
We had a testimony service scheduled at church yesterday. My mind swirled with trying to make sense out of the dreams and trying to make sense of the possibility of making a trip to Kermit.
We sang a song yesterday with a line that shot through my heart. The line goes, "Spirit lead me where my faith is without borders." I sat in conviction. Could I really sing that. Could I honestly say, "Lord lead me to the places where my faith is so enlarged it is not contained with borders. Lead out of the comfortable places. Lead me to the places where I have no choice but I have to trust You." My flesh wanted to shrink back and dismiss everything related to Kermit. The dreams. The scriptures from Is 6:8 and Acts 16:9. And of course the scripture from Exodus 3.
Then the testimonies began in the service. God stopped me in my tracks when a man stood up and in his testimony talked about Exodus 3. Of every single scripture in the whole Bible he used Exodus 3. Why that passage on that given day at that given moment when I wrestled with faith steps and steps toward comfort and security.
I HAVE TO GO TO KERMIT! I am mandated by God to go there. I am not sure why? Like Moses I have already made some excuses and God's reply has been the same one He gave to Moses, "I will be with you. I AM that I AM has sent you." I do not know what it all means. I do not know where it will lead. I only know this week I will get in my truck and drive to West Texas. I will pray. I will meet with a few people. I will listen to the Lord. I will wait on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment