Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A Prayer for the Weary and Worn


Lord, this prayer goes out this morning for those who are weary and worn. They are heavy laden with trials, sorrows, and burdens. They are tired of the battles and worn down by life. I ask you to come to each of them with your fresh word and undergird them with strength. You know each of them by name. As they read this and wonder if I was thinking of them show them yes. This is a prayer sent up on their behalf. I ask you to lift the oppressive burdens that suck the vitality from them. Help your children to lay them down and leave those burdens and cares with you. For those who have their backs up against the wall and they see no way out, I ask you to remind them of Exodus 14:14. For those who are enduring the seemingly never ending night of weeping I pray you would bring joy with this morning. [Ps 30:5] For those confused and they do not know which direction to go I pray your word would be a lamp unto their feet and light unto their path. [Ps 119:105] For those stressed and overwhelmed by life I ask you to be their peace that surpasses all understanding. [Phil 4:7] For those that can barely drag themselves out of bed this morning and wonder how they will ever get through this day I ask you to be their strength. [Phil 4:13] For every broken, battered, and bruised child of yours I ask you to draw them nearer to you as you draw nearer to them. [James 4:8] I ask you to give my brothers and sisters enduring faith today. I ask you to restore hope to them. Please help the weary and worn to see you at work. I ask you to open their eyes to see you have not abandoned them nor forsaken them. In Jesus name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment