Friday, January 10, 2014

A Prayer for the Confused


Father, I lift up all those who are confused. They do not know which way to turn or what decision to make. I ask you to clear away the fog of confusion in their minds planted by the enemy. I ask you to simply things for them as they clear away the clutter and distractions in their mind to set their focus on the things above and not the things on earth. [Col 3;2] In their worlds where everything seems topsy turvy I trust you will be their firm foundation. [Matt 7:24-27] I ask you to give each one the wisdom to make their decisions and build their lives and families on the rock solid foundation of your words. May they not be lead astray by every whim of emotion or distress in thoughts. I pray your word will be a lamp unto their feet and a light unto their path showing what steps they are to take next. [Ps 119:105] I ask you to clearly point the way for them. You are not the author of confusion [I Cor 14:33] but you are the author of peace. As you give guidance I pray that guidance would bring the reassurance of your peace that surpasses all understanding. [Phil 4:7] I ask you to shut every single door on wrong paths that will lead to destruction like you did with Paul as he sought to go to Asia. I ask you to only open the one door that leads to the center of your will like you did with Paul in the vision of the man from Macedonia. [Acts 16:9-10] I ask you to give faith where faith is needed as your people follow you. [Heb 11:6] You have not given your people a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind. [II Tim 1:7] I ask you to give your people the courage to step when you lead them to step.I ask you to give them the patience to wait when they need to wait. Your timing is perfect. I ask you to give them a sound mind so they do not second guess those steps in hindsight. I ask you to clearly point the way and to light the path. In Jesus name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment