Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thankful for People


Today I am thankful for people. People God put in my life. I am thankful for Eli Bernard for sharing Christ with me nearly 30 years ago. Your investment made all the difference. My whole life changed that night in October of 1983. God has given me a life I could have never deserved and never dreamed was possible. I am thankful for Charles Roberts for teaching me what ministry is all about and for always being there for me in the tough times. I am thankful for my great friends Eric Adcock, Jeff Robinson, and Jimmy Downe who make up most of my inner circle. You guys have seen me through the dark night of the soul and nights of weeping that eventually became mornings of joy. I am thankful for that soul mate Brenda Edwards who dared to marry me and has not flinched in following God's leadership these past twenty two years even down the roads less traveled and filled with the potholes of sacrifice and adversity. She has prayed with me and been my fervent prayer warrior. She has listened to my dreams, carried my sorrows and burdens, bravely endured times of poverty, and never walked out. You are my best friend, my soul mate, and my first choice for a lunch date. I am thankful for Taylor, Tanner, Tucker, Turner, and Jennifer who love me despite my many faults. Thank you for always being willing to forgive me when I get it wrong. I am proud of each of you and humbled God chose me to be your father. I am thankful for former flocks from Burke Baptist Church, CentrePointe Community Church, FBC Paradise, and FBC Seminole who loved my family and stood with us. I am thankful for their willingness to hunger for God and to follow His leadership. I am thankful for the people in Paradise God used to provide my truck and the people of Seminole who loved me enough to release me to God's new call on my life and then go beyond in financially partnering with us to the tune of $35,000 over the past two years all unsolicited and given freely in response to God's leadership. I am thankful for the flock at Faith Community Church who dream with me and who are learning to pray and have walked this adventure with us. I am thankful for those who started and stayed with us even when the going got really rough. I am thankful for those many people who pray for me consistently. I am humbled by God's great gift of people in my life. You know who you are.

Where would I be in life without the investment of countless faces from Denman Avenue Baptist Church, Southside Baptist Church, Carpenter's Way, and others who partnered with me with NO Compromise Ministries back in the late nineties and early 2000's?

Today I am thankful for each of you. If you are reading and this and wonder if I am thinking about you chances are yes. A sea of faces crosses my mind. Thank you for your investment of love, prayer, encouragement, friendship, partnership financially, taking your place in the body of Christ, and those who have believed God for crazy dreams with me like funding a hospital in Honduras. I am a blessed man. EXTREMELY BLESSED. Like George Bailey I am able to say this is A WONDERFUL LIFE and I am one of the richest men in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment