Friday, November 22, 2013

Little Blessings

It is a rare Friday night. All six of the Edwards family members are at home. We have a fire in the fire place. We have a good wholesome movie playing. I am not asleep yet. This is one of God's new mercies and little blessings for me.

The blessing of having all four boys at home. No ball games. No late night on the road. No eating without the oldest two. All four boys enjoying pizza and a good old family movie night does my soul good. All six of us sitting in our blessing living room being warmed by our blessing fire place with the first fire in our blessing home. These little blessings are not lost on me.

Brenda has a dear friend dying of cancer. She has only weeks to live. Brenda and some of her high school friends made a trip to see her. The one thing that lady told Brenda and the others that stuck was, "We do have perfect days more than we think. Enjoy those perfect days."

This is one of those perfect days or perfect evenings. It has been a good day. No, a great day. After my time with the Lord I cooked breakfast for the boys. Later we shared in a family devotion together. After school  we all went to get hair cuts together after school. We came home to pizza, a fire place, and a movie. This is a perfect day. No complaints. I need to take notice of such days more often. Days when God's blessings and mercies are abounding. Days when I take snap shots in my heart to remember later on. The day will come when the fire will still burn and the movie may play but it will just be Brenda and I to share our time together as the boys grow up and move on with God's plans for their lives. I do not want to take these days for granted.

It won't be long and these days will come fewer and further in between. In nine months Taylor will be off to football two a days at some college. Tanner will be junior and Tucker will be starting high school. Tuner will be making the jump to middle school. Turner and I both had a little cry about Taylor graduating and moving from home recently. So tonight I am enjoying God's little blessings but in a major way.

Great is God's faithfulness and His mercies are new every morning. Lord, thank you for those mercies coming in the form of a great night at home with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment