Sunday, March 31, 2013

He Is!

It is early on Resurrection morning. I have spent the last hour reflecting on what Jesus rising from the dead has meant to me. I met Jesus as my Savior in the fall of 1983. He had all of me. I was all in. I will not forget that first Easter morning after I had been saved. Easter bunnies and egg hunts never held my fascination again.

I went eagerly to a Son Rise service. I sat on the edge of my seat through the singing, the preaching, and the drama of the resurrection scene unfolded. The reality that Jesus was and is alive still fascinates my soul. It is not an old story to me. It is as fresh in my heart as the morning paper. Today I still sit bewildered that Jesus would die on a cross and be buried in a tomb. I am more astonished that the tomb could not hold him down and he is alive.

Satan and the world wanted to be rid of Jesus. Satan thought he had actually won when Jesus said, "It is finished"and breathed his last. I have always been struck by that statement, not by what he said but by what he didn't say. He did not say, "I am finished." He said "It is finished." The work of redemption is finished. Salvation is offered. Sin has been atoned but Jesus is not finished. He is alive and well and work in my life as well as the lives of believers all over the world. He is not a dead end religion leading nowhere. He is alive and that has made all the difference in my life.

Pilate could not ignore him. The Pharisees could not exterminate him. Mary could not forget or forsake him. The soldiers could not defeat him. The executioners could not put an end to him. The grave could not hold him. The tomb could not keep him. Death could not grip him. Death could not silence him. Death could not extinguish him. Death could not conquer him. HE IS RISEN AND HE IS ALIVE.

Who am I talking about? Jesus. The Alpha and Omega. The Author and Perfecter of our faith. The Bread of Life. The Chief Cornerstone. His name is Jesus. He is Emmanuel. He is faithful and true. He is a friend of sinners. He is the Great High Priest. He still is the Great Shepherd. He is still the Holy One. He remains the Hope of the World. The Horn of Salvation. He alone is the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. He still reigns as the King of the Ages. He still shines as the Light of the World. He is the King of Glory. The Lord of Peace and the Lord of the Harvest. He is Messiah and Master. He is our Morning Star. Forever he is the Prince of Peace. He is the Resurrection and the Life. He is the Rock of Ages. He is Ruler of Creation, Savior, Son of God, the Truth, the Life, and the Way. He is the Word of God. He is Wonderful Counselor.

Today and forever he is risen! He is alive! He is seated at the right hand of the Father. He is making intercession for his church even as I write this. He is waiting and longing for his bride. He soon will be coming again. He will return. He is coming back.

Today I embrace him. I love him. I worship him. I pledge allegiance to him. I submit to him. I serve him. I surrender all to him. I follow him. I revere him. I preach for him and write about him. For He is.

No comments:

Post a Comment