Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Keep Trusting

For those who are weary and worn down by life there is a word from the Lord. For those overwhelmed by the never ending assault of waves of tribulations there is nourishment for the soul. For those living in defeat and thinking it will never change there is hope. For those who have stumbled and fallen and staying down is more appealing than getting back up there is motivation not to stay down.

"He gives strength to the weary and strengthens the powerless. Youths may faint and grow weary, and young men stumble and fall, but those who trust in (wait on) the Lord will renew their strength; they will soar on wings like eagles; they run and not grow weary; they will walk and not faint." [Is 40:29-31]

I am weary. Weary from nearly three decades of ministry with as many defeats as victories. Tired from close to three decades of walking the hard road of faith that at times has sapped the vitality from me. Nearly three decades of hoping for a better future but stumbling and falling under more hardships have taken a toll.

I awoke today a weary man. I sat before the Lord to seek Him in prayer and scripture reading. Dutifully but not very hopefully did I return to the book of Isaiah to start reading where I left off last night. God knew my condition and state of mind and only has He could do did He bring me to these scriptures. I read several chapters before I got there but what an oasis for my soul.

My trials are not changing. After spending over $3,000 to get Brenda's ten year old car repaired the ball bearings went out on one of the front tires of my truck and we had to spend another $350 to fix that. My house has still not sold in Seminole after nearly two years. We still live in a tiny rent house. The church finances are better but not great.

As I trust God in each of these situations and many others, God strengthens me allowing me to soar on wings like eagles. Eagles are able to soar above the storms. They climb higher and higher until they are actually soaring above the storms below that pound others. That is what God is doing in my life today. I trust God and soar above all my storms. All of them. There is peace here. There is strength here. There is fresh perspective here.

I know many of you reading this are weary. You are defeated and you too stumble and fall. It would seem easier to just stay down and give up. The reason you and I feel that way is because somewhere along life's journey we quit trusting God. You grew weary of waiting on God and little by little you quit trusting Him.

O brothers and sisters I urge you do not fall into that trap. Do not quit trusting Him. Trust Him for strength to endure. Trust Him to help you soar above your storms. Trust Him to help you keep walking and running. Trust Him for the strength to get back up. Whatever you do keep trusting God. That means keep waiting patiently on the Lord. It seems the longer we have to wait on God to come through the easier it becomes for us to doubt. This only brings despair and spiritual death.

Keep trusting. Keep waiting. Keep believing. Keep seeking. Keep praying. Keep soaring. Keep focused. Just as the eagle eventually descends once the storm has passed, your storms will pass as well and you will descend into easier times. We all must keep trusting. We will not and cannot endure or soar in our own strength. God is our supply. Keep trusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment