Sunday, March 31, 2013

Early Resurrection Morning




Mary got up early that first resurrection morning,
Still weeping, confused, broken and still mourning,
I too got up early heavy laden and heavy hearted,
Mary discovered Jesus was gone he had departed,
She met the Lord in the tomb he had vacated,
I met the Lord in the pages of scripture created,
Not by man but the breath of God made alive,
Mary found Jesus not dead but totally revived,
Awakened from the dead, brought forth in glory,
The resurrection the check mate of Jesus' story,
I meet Him in the sacred text with great expectation,
Mary found Jesus alive and told the others with elation,
Jesus is alive - I met Him this resurrection morning,
Yes Mary I also met Him though my heart is storming,
Death could not beat Him - the grave he defeated,
Our sin is forgiven - our redemption now completed,
Mary he is alive - you saw him risen and glorified,
I too met him this morning - I too have testified,
A risen Lord available for all redeemed believers,
Who conquered sin, death, and the Great Deceiver.
Satan did not win and Hades lost the Lord arisen,
Sin now defeated no longer can hold us in prison,
Mary - He is alive - I met Him too this Easter daybreak,
You at the empty tomb - me in scripture to cure heartache,
You wept and rejoiced when Jesus first alive appeared,
I too rejoice He lives in me - making burdens disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment