Saturday, March 30, 2013

Lost in Him


I went to my office wearing sun shades and just stepped outside to pitch darkness. I went to the office with the one intention of grabbing my Macbook and heading back home. I sat down at my desk to check my email.

Next, I read I Corinthians 15 and parts of John 19 and 20. Before I knew it I was inspired to write a poem titled, "The Saturday Before." After that, the poem turned into a message for Sunday. I got lost in Him writing furiously, flipping pages of scripture, and doing word studies losing all track of time.

I love it when I get lost in Him in prayer or study. I become oblivious to my surroundings, distractions, and time. Nothing else matters in those times but abiding in Him. Those are memorable times. Those are times I cherish and long to happen more.

So on this Saturday before Easter I have already had the fresh encounter with the Lord I yearned for. It came unexpected. It did not happen during an Easter production or even in a Easter service. He often does that. He shows up unexpectedly in obscure places and I love it so. What a blessing to get lost in Him. May those fresh encounters linger for the rest of my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment