Thursday, March 7, 2013

True Friendship

I just returned home from a several day preaching road trip with my college roommate and great friend Eric Adcock. We laughed, ate, conversed, ministered and relished every moment together. He is more than a friend. He is my brother. He knows me and loves me. He has hurt with me, stood with me, prayed for me, supported me, and given me counsel.

We drove down south to the Cypress-Fairview area outside Houston to minister to students. What a great trip. God added another soul to the kingdom. We enjoyed wonderful time with Eric's former youth minister and friend Mark Julian. What a great few days.

I have never been rich monetarily. I am rich in relationships. Eric is a true brother. Mark is a true brother. There are others. I do not know where I would be without all those brothers standing with me and encouraging me along the way.

Eric and I laughed, jammed to the radio like a couple of high school kids driving down the highway, talked about family and life issues, but by far I loved that we got to minister together last night. Eric led us to the throne in worship and I preached God's word. We have done this together many times. I am thankful for our time together after all these years.

We are more than friends. Our lives, hearts, and love are intertwined. What a blessing to have friends. What a privilege to have people in your life who love you, stand with you, pray for you, and who share life with you. God, thank you for true friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment