Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Time to Teach

In just about eight minutes I will step out of this office and make my way to the meeting room where our adults will embark on the last study in our series through the book of I Timothy. It stirs my heart and mind that I have been given this sacred trust to break open the bread of life and to feed the flock God has entrusted to me.

The size of the crowd does not matter. I will most assuredly have taught and preached to more than will assemble tonight. That does not matter. What really matters is that I get to teach the word of God and hopefully help people advance further in the kingdom of God.

I am grateful for God's revelation of truth to me personally so I can in turn share that truth with those who come to feed their souls. It is a sacred trust that I take seriously. I have asked God to reveal truth and to bring about life transformation tonight. I have asked for God's fresh anointing. I relish this opportunity to labor in the word of life.

It is time to teach. Even as I write these final words I can hear the conversations of those who have gathered. I know they come hungry. Their souls are starving for truth and I trust the Lord will not disappoint them. I must go for it is time to teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment