Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Help Me Understand

Lord, I ask for you to help me to understand,
What you've purposed and what you've planned,
Sometimes the way is obscure and confusing,
The trials have wounded and left some bruising,
At times the future looks bleak a little unsure,
Leaving me battered and a little bit insecure,
I know you rule, you hold all firmly in control,
And in your word you comfort and you console,
Lord, again I ask for you to help me to understand,
What you've purposed and what you've planned,
I sit here praying - trying to learn lessons to be content,
Determined to follow - never to back down or relent,
You can do all things - you can move every mountain,
You refresh my soul as I drink deep from your fountain,
I may not always see or all your ways not understand,
I do trust you have a purpose and my life you've planned.
- Matt Edwards
- 12-12-12
- Paradise, TX

No comments:

Post a Comment