Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve

While I write this Brenda and the boys are still sleeping. They are all night owls but I adhere to the thought, "Early to bed and early to rise makes a person healthy and wise." It is Christmas Eve. The boys are all more excited about Brenda opening her gifts and than they are to open their own. This excites me. Jesus said it is more blessed to give than to receive. I want my boys to learn and to live this truth.

I have really contemplated the birth of Jesus this Christmas more than most Christmas seasons of the past. I am humbled by His provision for us over the course of the past year. We have been moved to tears over and over again. We are humbled by His continued blessings and expressions of love for the Edwards family. Great is His faithfulness and His mercies are new every morning. His compassion does not fail. All of this I owe to my Savior come to earth in a manger but risen from the dead to purchase my redemption. Hallelujah! Truly this is good news of great joy and I shout with the angels, "Glory to God in the highest."

On this Christmas Eve I will enjoy my Lord and my family. Those are my top priorities. I hope you will do the same. Merry CHRISTmas from the Edwards family.

No comments:

Post a Comment