Sunday, August 12, 2012

Preparing for Worship

Father,

As this new day dawns I ask you to prepare me and people everywhere for worship. I ask you to prepare us to do more than sit in church. We know we are forgiven positionally. You have declared the redeemed righteous. We ask that we go beyond that today to relate to you experientially. We want to feel your presence, to hear you speak, and to sing songs of adoration to you a living reality.

I don't know what you will do today. I do not know how you will move in my heart or the hearts of other worshipers. I ask you to stir our affections to love you more.  I ask you to reveal truth not just in our minds but also in our hearts. I ask you to open our ears to hear clearly from you.

I ask you to give us the faith and courage to obey you. Please break the bondage of fear that cripples people spiritually. I ask you for fearless faith in my own life to obey you as well as in the hearts of others. I want to follow through no matter what you lead me to do. I pray congregations in all churches will follow through too on what you lead them to do. I ask you to deepen our resolve to follow through on all you have to say. No matter what is costs or how foolish it makes us look.

I ask you to lead us to fresh and life altering encounters with you. I ask you to speak words that will change us.

Remind us today you are watching, listening, and will be speaking. You will move in our hearts. We want more than just to attend church. We want to encounter you. So before we ever enter into the sanctuary we choose to meet with you to prepare us for worship. We believe this is going to be a great day and we are going to encounter you in significant ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment