Friday, August 10, 2012

God Is With Me

While reading about the life of Joseph this morning something really struck me. Several times as Joseph had to cope with harsh realities we are reminded that God was with Joseph. He was with Joseph when he was sold into slavery. He was with Joseph when Potiphar's wife accused him of sexual harassment. God did not forsake Joseph when he was thrown into prison. God remained with Joseph after the cup bearer forgot all about him for two full years.

In the end God put Joseph exactly where he needed to be to fulfill God's plan to preserve his family during the years of famine. It might not have looked like God was at work but not one time did God ever leave Joseph. God was with Him and working the whole time.

This all set me to thinking about all the times in my life when I God has been with me. God was with me the day they called to tell me my mother died back in May of 1998. God strengthened me to preach her funeral.

God was with me during the lean years of being a traveling evangelist. He sustained me through severe bouts of depression. He empowered me to preach in backwood small churches as well before crowds of a thousand. He was with me when I wrote my first book in a small makeshift office that had formerly been used as a prayer room.

God remained with me through the confusing time of starting CentrePointe Community Church. When the church disbanded God did not forsake me. He sustained me through daily quiet times. He strengthened my faith through the darkest nights of weeping. He was with us as Provider during eighteen months when I had no salary. God stayed with me when He moved us to Paradise the first time. He kept us in the palm of His hand for four years as we loved and served the First Baptist Church.

God remained with me when He bid me to leave. Time and time again He counseled me my time at FBC Paradise had come to an end as He led me to FBC Seminole. God was with me through the transition. He blessed us to be able to buy a home out there. He was with all of us during the twenty-three glorious days of revival. He was with me during tragedy and the loss of a young mother at Family Camp. He was with me day in and day out as we learned to love that flock and community with all our hearts. We all thought we stay there forever.

The Lord was with me in a quiet time when He first told me to follow Him. For seven months He was with me reiterating that message over and over again. He was with me in my office one Saturday morning when He made it clear that His new call on my life would lead me away from Seminole and that it would also mean returning to Paradise to start a church.

He met with me that same Saturday afternoon as I went home to an empty house and prostrated myself on the living room floor in tears wrestling with God over this issue. He sustained me in the days following when I resigned with nowhere to live and not knowing what my salary would be.

God stayed with me during the month I lived apart from Brenda and the three younger boys as Taylor and I transitioned into life back in Paradise and at Faith Community. God was with me in those dark and lonely nights in the RV. God remained with me even after Brenda and the boys came here living in the home of a friend for three months while I stayed in the RV.

God sustained me during the up and down attendance of the first six months of Faith Community Church. God kept us as we moved into a rent house and closed out our lives at 2112 NW Ave B in Seminole, TX. God kept us financially as He sent His provision each time we had a need.

God remained with me as we moved into lease space as a church and I finally got an office again. He has met with me in this place in ways I could never put into words. He is with me this morning as I have sought Him in scripture reading and prayer. He has always been with me and ever shall be. He is with you too.

You may not can trace what He is up to but rest assured He with you through the joys and sorrows, triumphs and the trials, as well as the laughter and the tears. He is with you this very moment as you read this. He is available to comfort, strengthen, to hold, to reassure, to console, to counsel, and to sustain you through the hardest times. I pray you take comfort in that truth today as I have. He is with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment