Sunday, August 5, 2012

Celebration of Baptism

I just witnessed via You Tube my friend Jase Waller baptizing a man named Edguardo in Honduras. This on the same day I am preaching on the baptism of Jesus and we at Faith Community will celebrate the baptism of eleven people today.

I am awed by the power of God. Last night I came up to sweep the warehouse. I had a teenage boy come looking for me. In brokenness he told me his story of repentance. He had just offered God all of his life. He has been saved for sometime but through tears he told his testimony of repentance and not holding anything back from the Lord including his dreams. We knelt down to pray at the altar. I will not forget that moment.

Less than thirty minutes later after the teenaged boy had left in walked another man. He said he had been looking for me. He had a feeling he could find me at the warehouse. He needed to talk. He told me he had trusted Christ to save him years ago. He had never been baptized. He wanted to talk about it. He said he had been under conviction for the past couple of months. This is the exact time period I had been burdened to pray for him. Night and day I lifted that man and his sons to the Lord.

To make all of this better is the truth that he and his two boys will be celebrating baptism all at the same time. Hallelujah. Baptism is the outward celebration of the inward transformation Christ makes in a person's life. It truly is a celebration.

Whether it be in Honduras, west Texas, east Texas, here at Faith Community Church or to the far ends of the earth many will celebrate new life in Christ through baptism. We rejoice. Praise to God for his great salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment