Friday, June 29, 2012

The Glorious Pursuit - Day Twenty-Twenty Two

It is hard to continue the glorious pursuit of God and revival while riding on a bus with forty-six other people. I want to be alone with my thoughts and my Lord but the confines of this space do not allow for a great deal of solitude.

My schedule is dictated for me since arriving at camp. We start early with some of our athletes for early morning workouts on the beach. These are a tradition for us. Every church I have served while attending beach camp has endured the early morning voluntary beach workouts. I would rather be shut alone with the Lord letting him give my soul a workout. After this is breakfast, bible study, small groups. recreation, lunch and then free time. Free time is spent supporting our students in basketball and volleyball tournaments. After this everyone is itching to spend time at the beach. This is usually followed by time at the pool and the clean up for dinner followed by evening worship. The night ends around 10:00 p.m. with one more hour of free time to go to the snack shack. Lights are out at 11:30 p.m. and then the routine starts all over again.

I share a cabin with dozens of junior high boys. They are loud and messy. They do not understand this glorious pursuit. They do not understand this burning passion to be alone with the Lord. Despite the challenges for solitude I hunger for God as much as ever.

Whether in Texas or Florida I yearn for more of God. I will do what I have to do to keep seeking Him. That means getting up early no matter how badly I would rather sleep in. I am probably going to bed two to three hours later than I normally do. Getting up early hurts a little more but the price is well worth the reward of meeting with and enjoying my Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment