Monday, June 18, 2012

The Glorious Pursuit - Day Twelve

To pursue God and revival you must expect some opposition from the enemy. We definitely felt that yesterday. I got up early to spend time with God and lost track of time. I went to get the boys about ten minutes later than normal to get things set up for the service. When I arrived none of them were ready for they had no idea as to the time. This meant we were running even later.

When we got to the school you could have blown me over with a feather when I discovered a note on the cafeteria doors telling us the floors had been waxed and the cafeteria would not be available. Nobody had communicated this to us during the week. I stood there mind racing and asking God what to do. The simplest option would be to meet in the gym next to the cafeteria. We hurriedly set up while I prayed through our next problem. The a/c was not on in the gym. I made some calls and finally found a way to get some air going in gym. I will not say it was ever cool in the gym but at least the temperature was tolerable.

I hurried home still running late and Brenda was still getting ready. I let my frustrations vent as she and I tried to share the bathroom. I ran late for our pre-service prayer meeting. When I finally got back to the gym we discovered the areas we use for our children and the nursery were also not available. Eddie had trouble with the sound system that morning. At that point Eddie and I went off alone to pray. We declared we were going to seek God and worship no matter what the enemy threw at us.

We had no words to the songs because the projector and screen we use are in the cafeteria mounted in the ceilings. We sang some new songs that I knew but I am sure some in attendance did not. Yet, when worship started we adapted and sought the heart of God. People sang with enthusiasm. In fact, I would say since we started the forty day devotions there has been extra life and freedom in our worship. I preached the message God had put in my heart and we learned to be flexible. All in all things turned out well even though the people sat in the bleachers.

As I have thought about all of this in hindsight I know the enemy is going to oppose more. The closer we get to God and the more serious we get about revival, the enemy will oppose us every step of the way. This is to be expected. That does not mean we crawl into our bunkers and hope for the best. I know I am in a war.

Last night we prayer walked the high school, field house, and football stadium. I felt more than ever we are in a huge war. Prayer is our weapon. Prayer is our arsenal to fight back. We are pleading with God to break the grip of Satan on our school and community. We are begging God to save the lost and to call the backslidden to repentance. We are pleading with God to revive our community.

[Eph 6:10-13] "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm."

You put on armor to fight. You do not put on armor to go to the church picnic. There is a fight for the souls of people. Our adversary has unleashed every resource available to him to oppose the work of God around the world. Sin and temptation are rampant. Many soldiers of God have been trapped and have fallen. Still we must fight. I am not talking about fighting in any other way other than to seek God to call His people to repentance and the lost to salvation.

The pursuit of God and revival is leading me into enemy territory. God is leading me to the fight and not away from it. God is calling me to battle through prayer, preaching, and writing. I know I am a wanted man. The enemy wants to take me out. I am in the line of fire but I can do no other. I must continue this glorious pursuit no matter where it leads or what it costs. If God is for me who can be against me. Though I face opposition I am resolved to continue this glorious pursuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment