Friday, September 1, 2017

Slut Life

I could not believe my eyes. I pulled up behind her vehicle at a red light when I saw her sticker on the widow. I casually glanced at it and thought it read, "Student life." Then I looked again just as the light changed and I thought the sticker had a whole different message. She drove away before I could clarify the message on the sticker.

Turns out the vehicle in front was going near the same place I was going. When she pulled into park I rolled by slowly and read the sticker again. Sure enough it said exactly what I thought it said after my second reading. "Slut life."

My heart sank. What must go through the mind of some woman to advertise such a slogan on her car. How many sexual partners has she had? How many men played at love with her to get sex while she played at sex to get love. How many times has she been used and thrown away like a piece of garbage. What happens in the psyche of a person who would put such a slogan on their car window.

slut |slÉ™tnoun derogatory    a woman who has many casual sexual partners.dated a woman with low standards of cleanliness.

Jesus encountered such a woman in John 4. She had many husbands and was shacking up with a guy when she met Jesus. What did Jesus do? Gossip. Ostracize. Condemn. 

No. He engaged her in a spiritual conversation. He spoke truth to her. He transformed her life which in turn impacted the lives of a whole community. She went from slut to missionary in a matter of a true miraculous encounter with Jesus. 

The slut life is a dirty, cheap, shameful, and painful life. People may try to cover it up acting like they don't care about morality. The truth is sluts want to be loved too. They want to be valued for more than sexual gratification. They want to be valued. They want to be honored. They want to be treasured. 

There are so many sexual predators jut looking to pounce on the vulnerable and take advantage of their wounded psyche. Men who want to get off without any regard to the girls feelings or needs. They will have their way with  fragile ladies and then condemn such women as sluts afterwards. 

Jesus love sinners. JESUS LOVES SLUTS. He does not love their sin. He loves the person. He rescues wounded women from the slut life. He delivers tormented souls from the sewer of the slut life. Even today He is doing that for someone. I praise His name He is Savior and Redeemer even for those enslaved to the slut life. There is freedom and a way of escape. 

John 8:34-36 (ESV)
34  Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who practices sin is a slave to sin.
35  The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son remains forever.
36  So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment