Wednesday, September 6, 2017

The Mountain

I awoke staring upward at a large mountain rock face,
Steep, wide, with lofty  peaks standing right in my way,
I stood perplexed looking upward unclear as what to do,
The mountain blocked my path and also blocked my view,
There was no way to scale over the lofty mountain heights,
There was no way to go around the mountain in my sights,
I paused and considered my options formulating a plan,
Each seemed hopeless for a mountain so high and grand,
Finally I bowed my head desperately and began to pray,
Asking God to move the mighty mountain out of my way,
I recalled what He said if I spoke to my mountain to move,
If I did not doubt in my heart but believed my faith proved,
The mountain would be moved and cast out into the sea,
Jesus You've done that for others I trust You'll do it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment