Tuesday, May 23, 2017

God Knows Best

As I wrote yesterday my plans were to head home on Sunday afternoon. Car mechanical issues detoured us. We were stranded in Seminole. I wrote about how it was the providence of God. 

Let me tell you the rest of the story. We planned to haul the suburban back on a trailer. God had other plans in His providence. My dear brother in Christ, Mike , took the suburban to his mechanic. The issue was diagnosed and simply fixed. Mike paid for the repair resisting all my attempts to repay him. 

So I praise God that instead of hauling the suburban back on a trailer we will drive it back later this morning. 

Providence of God number two. Someone handed me an envelope. Inside the envelope were two fifty dollar bills. So in our being stranded we have been amply supplied.

God was not finished. I had the chance to run into another dear brother in Christ. A farmer named Greg and solid Bible teacher. I rode with him while he checked some cows and his fields. Before dropping me off he asked if I had any traveling money. I told him I did recalling in my mind the two fifty dollar bills. He asked how much. I replied, "Enough." 

The next thing I knew he shoved cash into my front shirt pocket. He said he did not know how much but he gave me everything in his pocket. Turned out to be over $250.

Finally, at the prayer meeting in Kermit last night, a man named Miguel pulled me aside before I left. He told me God wanted him to give me something. He reached in his wallet and pulled out what I later discovered was a $100 bill. I had not even mentioned money during our prayer meeting. 

Later that night, God led me to give the $100 away to someone else. I love when I get to be the giver instead of the receiver. Truly is more blessed to give than to receive. 

God was not through. I later learned we received a check for $1,400. 

Definitely God had his reasons for delaying our return home. I praise Him  that His plans are far better than mine. He is faithful and wise. He is always in control and several steps ahead of us. He is amply supplied and can share His resources anytime and with any amount He wants. I sit humbled and amazed by this great and glorious God I worship and serve. 

Isaiah 55:8-9 (ESV)
8  For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.
9  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment