Tuesday, May 2, 2017

82 Days And Counting Until The Kermit Revival Meetings Begin

It has been a long journey and a long wait. Many prayers have been lifted. A great deal of planning has been done behind the scenes. And we are 82 days and counting until we hold the first Kermit Shake The City Revival meeting on July 23 at 7:00 p.m. on the vacant dirt lot next to Belvue Baptist Church. Belvue has graciously allowed us to hold these meetings on their property.

82 days is not a long time to get spiritually prepared for a fresh move of God. The Lord continues to get me up all hours of the night to pray. Today it was 3:30 a.m. Prayers were lifted up for Kermit again this morning just like for the past couple of years. 82 days to pray for God to plow the fallow ground. 82 days to unite the city and churches in prayer for a great move of God. 82 days to finalize the last plans and details.

We will need counselors. We need ushers. We security people to watch over the tent and contents. We need prayer more than anything.  The tent is reserved. The stage will soon be constructed. The sound equipment has been secured. The hotel reservations have been made. Counselors will soon be enlisted. And now what we need most is prayer covering over the city.

Over the next 82 days more sprayers will be sent up for Kermit. I will travel and preach a couple of other events. On the forefront of my mind for the past couple of years has always been Kermit. I pray for the churches, the pastors, and for the lost to be saved. I pray for a rekindling of fire in the souls of the saints. I ask God for a true revival. Not manufactured and manipulated from men but one sent from the throne of God. I asked God for a true move from Him the likes of which Kermit has not seen this morning. Only He can send true revival.

82 days. O Saints of Kermit. I plead with you with all my heart to pray. Prepare yourself and your families for whatever God has on His mind. I am committed to staying as long as God wants to move in our midst during those days. If the meetings end after a week so be it. If God wants to extend the meetings like I have seen Him do in the past I will stay and give myself wholeheartedly to the revival meetings and hopefully the genuine revival.

82 days and counting. The excitement builds. Though I have often wanted to travel back to Kermit I keep getting prevented. I do travel there in my prayers. I do hope to make a visit before July. Those 82 days will pass quickly. Let us redeem the time in spiritual preparation for what God intends to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment