Monday, July 15, 2013

On the Road Again

I am writing this from a charter bus along with a load of teenagers heading to my second camp. It has been a whirl wind since camp last week with FBC Seminole. We drove to the hill country for camp with FBC Seminole. My beloved great uncle died on Monday. We drove home late Thursday night and then I got up early Friday to drive to Lufkin, TX for my great uncle's funeral.

God worked. I had the chance to be reconciled with some of my family I had not seen in over a decade. I will blog more about that when I have more time. On Saturday we moved into a different home from early in the morning to late at night. Sunday we enjoyed God in worship at church and then had to pick Taylor up in Denton from a camp. Today we are all headed to camp. Our children's group and youth group all are headed to camp this week. Brenda will be at home alone this week.

Life has been moving at a pretty good clip for the past few weeks. I would have not have been able to keep up this pace except for my times alone with God. Day after day sitting in His presence brings energy, life, and renewal. He guides and works. He is faithful. He is sustains us in the busy seasons of life as well as the slower seasons.

I hope you will make a habit of sitting in the presence of the Lord daily. I sat with Him again this morning to learn of Him. I love camp. In about an hour we will unload our luggage to our new home for the week and soak in the the presence of God day and night. That is what I love about camp. We eliminate the distractions so our focus remains on learning about God.

Life on the road is busy, exciting, at times challenging, but when you do it for God there are great rewards When you wholly lean on God to sustain you life on the road is not a chore but a delight. I don't know what God will do this week but I do know that God is at work in my life before we even get to camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment